change in apache port configuration options

Vivek Khera VIVEK at KHERA.ORG
Tue Jan 29 06:49:22 PST 2008

On Jan 28, 2008, at 9:47 PM, Doug Barton wrote:

> Clement Laforet wrote:
>
>> WITH_BERKELEYDB is now deprecated in favor of WITH_BDB in order to
>> make BDB support consistent with the rest of the ports tree.
>
> Is there a warning generated for users that have the old one
> defined? If not it would be a good idea to add one. In the past when
> I've changed variable names in my ports I've added compatibility
> shims for about 6 months, then warnings for another 6, then dropped
> support for the old names.

It only fails if you use WITH_BDB_VER to set WITH_BERKELEYDB for the
apache port like I did.  However, this has been fixed in the latest
update to the Apache ports, from what I understand.  There was code to
try to do the right thing, but it had a minor bug which I tripped.