git on gjournal problem

Antonios Anastasiadis antonakis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 14:23:56 PST 2008

I was cloning the linux kernel git tree on a gjournal'd partition.
After git did its usual initial stuff it spat some errors during check
out:

Checking 23062 files out...
error: git-checkout-index: unable to create file
include/asm-arm/arch-integrator/cm.h (Interrupted system call)
100% (23062/23062) done

Next thing, I run it again on a ufs2+su partition and everything goes
fine, no errors, all files are checked out ok.

I run it again on gjournal, same errors as before (but on different
files, sometimes on a dozen, sometimes on a single file. Seems to kick
in randomly).
Tried it on another computer on a gjournal partition, the same errors
occur.

Looks like something is going on with git when gjournal is used.

I don't have the know-how to look any further on the issue by myself, if
someone is interested let me know how to help.