second question: dependancies not being checked.

Jim Stapleton stapleton.41 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 06:00:29 PST 2008

I'm having trouble getting a requirement to work. I'm trying to build
the port I'm developing without the dependancy installed, expecting to
get a related error. This looks like what I've seen in other ports,
and what I've seen in the documentation but it does not function in
mine:

BUILD_DEPENDS+=
${PYTHON_SITELIBDIR}/rwrlock.py/${PORTSDIR}/devel/py-extended-threading
RUN_DEPENDS=    ${BUILD_DEPENDS}

Now, my py-extended-threading module has not been put in the ports
tree yet (which may be the issue), but I'm getting a python
compilation error here, which leads me to suspect the dependency is
not being checked:

error
sjss at elrond 08:57:31 (1) ~/dev/ports/py-modularapp > make
===>  Building for py_modularapp-0.2
(cd /data/mydocs/dev/ports/py-modularapp/work/py-modularapp/py_modularapp/
&&  echo "import sys; import py_compile; for f in sys.argv:
py_compile.compile(f)" | /usr/local/bin/python2.5 *.py)
Traceback (most recent call last):ts/py-modularapp > ls /usr/ports/www
| grep kon
  File "__init__.py", line 9, in <module>
    import tapp as TA
  File "/data/mydocs/dev/ports/py-modularapp/work/py-modularapp/py_modularapp/tapp.py",
line 13, in <module>
    import extended_threading as ethr
ImportError: No module named extended_threading
*** Error code 1

Stop in /data/mydocs/dev/ports/py-modularapp.