CFT: Adobe Reader 8 + SCIM/UIM

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Mon Jan 14 13:39:41 PST 2008

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 04:54:05 +0900 (JST) Hiroki Sato wrote:

>  Hmm, these two cases are different from me.  Let me investigate this
>  further...  This problem is due to interaction between FreeBSD's gtk
>  library and Linux's, so I am guessing there is consistency in some
>  degree and want to figure out it.

May be it's not the case but I once have got through a specific
linuxulator behaviour. I've been porting a propriate linux application
which was built for 2.4 kernel. The application used a FreeBSD library
instead of a linux one and exited with (something like) "OS ABI
invalid". The needed linux library was installed but not used...

When I examined ktrace/kdump, I noticed that the linux library
really was probed but apparently something prevented it from being
used and then a FreeBSD native library was chosen...

All my test configuration has defaults. But when I set
compat.linux.osrelease to 2.6.16 (even with linux_base-fc4)
the application was launched and functionning.

Well, the long story in short. Even if an application is compiled for
2.4 kernel it may want to use a more recent 2.4 features that we don't
have by default right now.

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)