Another question based on: Re: HOW-TO get Flash7 working!

eculp eculp at encontacto.net
Sun Jan 13 06:25:20 PST 2008

The dialog at the end of this email is becoming a bit more
philosophical than I need right now ;).

Is there an "accepted" or reasonably so, sure-fire way to get linux
flash[79] working in Prerelease or in current?  If so, would you
please share how you did it on this list?

Flash is becoming more dominate daily and there are many sites that
are basically unusable without it.  Some banking, telco, etc. sites,
etc.  That are difficult if not impossible too use for account access
without flash and don't pay much attention to end user requests based
on the installed base of Flash[89].  That brings up another detail,
many sites now require Flash[89] even though they don't actually need
it probably to impress their customers with their being on the
technological, bleeding edge.

Thanks, Chuck, for getting this started and for finding a solution
that may or may not be appropriate for all.  I would personally like
to try what you have done with flash9 if it is stable for you and if
you would be so kind as to document a bit clearer how to do it.

Thanks to all,

ed