howto use Konqueror as root while another user ?

Piotr piotrekk at excite.com
Thu Feb 14 19:43:18 UTC 2008

yep, exactly.

 --- On Thu 02/14, Erich Dollansky < oceanare at pacific.net.sg > wrote:
From: Erich Dollansky [mailto: oceanare at pacific.net.sg]
To: remko at elvandar.org
     Cc: piotrekk at excite.com, freebsd-ports at freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 15:06:24 +0800
Subject: Re: howto use Konqueror as root while another user ?

Hi,I think he wants to use konqueror locally just to see his files and he cannot get access to his root files.ErichRemko Lodder wrote:> On Thu, February 14, 2008 6:47 am, Erich Dollansky wrote:>> Hi,>>>> Piotr wrote:>>> hi>>>>>> howto use Konqueror as root while another user from the wheel group ?>>> I've tried kdesu konqueror, but it doesn't work and I get a lot of>>> errors.>>> I'm using freeBSD 6.3 with KDE 3.5>> open a terminal window, switch to root and start konqueror.>>>> It works on my 6.3 machine.>>>> When you start konqueror from the menu, you are using your own account>> but not root.>>>> Erich> > **************** INSERT BIG HORRIBLE WARNING *******************> DONT use browsers and mailreaders and the like as root. If something is> fishy on the other end (mostly you dont control the other side!) you'll be> screwed. Your data will get compromised, and your machine might be joining> a ghost network, hitting on others. I strongly STRONGLY (did I say> STRONGLY!)
dis-advise that you will be using this.> > //remko> Hat: <someone who works with security on a daily basis, and needs to> handle ghosts machines that try to hit my networks, everyday>.>