php5-gd and xorg-libraries conflict

Fri May 25 10:41:48 UTC 2007

Quoting Norberto Meijome <freebsd at meijome.net> (from Fri, 25 May 2007
19:22:09 +1000):

> ok , it's happened again in the same VM as before. xorgs is not
> installed at all:

> Ports is up to date using portsnap:
>
> [root at vmports] [Fri May 25 09:19:08 2007]
> ..
> Looking up portsnap2.FreeBSD.org mirrors... none found.
> Fetching snapshot tag from portsnap2.FreeBSD.org... done.
> Latest snapshot on server matches what we already have.
> No updates needed.
> Ports tree is already up to date.

> ===>   php5-gd-5.2.2 depends on file:
> /usr/local/libdata/xorg/libraries - not found
> ===>    Verifying package for /usr/local/libdata/xorg/libraries in
> /usr/ports/x11/xorg-libraries
> Read /usr/ports/UPDATING for the procedure to upgrade or install xorg 7.2.
> *** Error code 1

If you don't need XPM support in gd, put WITHOUT_X11=yes into
make.conf and try again.

Yes, I agree that for new installs this is not nice, but if you don't
need X11 at all, you can go ahead with this simple modification (and
benefit of not having to install x11 for your headless server).

Bye,
Alexander.

--
You may be recognized soon.