HEADS UP: xorg upgrade plans

David Thiel lx at redundancy.redundancy.org
Fri May 18 10:07:07 PDT 2007

So, I've upgraded one more machine, an X60 Tablet, and have run into
some issues on this one. First and most important, my ability to use the
1920x1200 resolution has disappeared. I've been using the 915resolution
tool to add this mode to the 945GM bios, but Xorg now insists there is
no mode of this name.

Also, in 7.2, the wacom driver seems to have disappeared. Seems like this
is intentional by the Xorg folks, but any suggestions as to where to get
a replacement driver would be appreciated.

Compositing is also now incredibly slow, much more so than in X11R6. Not
a big deal, I don't really need it.

Log is at: http://redundancy.redundancy.org/Xorg.0.log

Note that I've currently been trying to get Xinerama working, but the
same problems appear without Xinerama. Any suggestions or experiences
on similar hardware would be welcome.

Thanks,
David