make -j patch

Benjamin Lutz mail at maxlor.com
Thu May 17 23:04:30 UTC 2007

On Thursday 17 May 2007 23:26, Pav Lucistnik wrote:
> Benjamin Lutz píše v čt 17. 05. 2007 v 17:00 +0200:
> > ALLOW_MAKE_JOBS: Goes into a port's makefile. The port maintainer
> >     indicates with it that the port can be built with multiple make
> >     jobs.
>
> Nit: what about making this just MAKE_JOBS, for brevity?

Well, all the other switches that go into a ports makefile start with a
verb (USE_* or WANT_*), whereas with variables that don't start with a
verb, their value usually matters. Since ALLOW_MAKE_JOBS is just a
switch, I think the ALLOW should be kept.

But there's another small thing that I changed: BUILD_FAILMSG should of
course also be printed if Perl is used for building. And while here,
move the ===> out of the error message and into the printf format
string. The file has been modified in place, so the URL is still

http://www.maxlor.com/freebsd/files/make_jobs.diff

The previous version, for completeness sake, is here:

http://www.maxlor.com/freebsd/files/make_jobs.diff.1

Cheers
Benjamin