HEADS UP: xorg upgrade plans

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Mon May 7 22:57:35 PDT 2007

Brian Gruber wrote:
>> Ok, no worries then. I have no plans to add that
> feature at this time,
>> partly because there has been no user demand for it,
> and mostly
>> because I don't like the idea. I recognize however
> that reasonable
>> minds may differ on that topic.
>
> if you don't like the idea, that's fine, but since you
> say there's been no user demand, i just thought i
> should note that I tried portmaster a few months ago.
> while there were things i like, i ultimately switched
> back to portupgrade specifically because it lacked old
> library preservation.
>
> /brian

Just a thought, but have people considered pushing nVidia and (gasp),
maybe ATI for driver support in 7.2? I would think that AMD would at
least consider FreeBSD if we moved to 7.2 because it seems like they
want to get on the bandwagon with more recent versions of Linux nowadays
with their OpenGL driver support.

Cheers,

-Garrett