Help with port that uses scons (fwd)

Alejandro Pulver alepulver at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 29 03:28:11 UTC 2007

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 12:03:22 -0700 (PDT)
youshi10 at u.washington.edu wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Alejandro Pulver wrote:
>
> > Hello.
> >
> > I am updating a port that now uses "scons" to build. It reads the
> > environment variables correctly, but passes CCFLAGS as a single
> > argument to the compiler, resulting in an error.
> >
> > The port (the install part isn't done yet) is available here:
> >
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~alepulver/boswars.shar
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks and Best Regards,
> > Ale
>
> If the last line is your problem with SCONS_ARGS, stuff isn't passed in quoted,
> and IIRC CPPFLAGS should be CXXFLAGS for all applications (I could be wrong
> about scons though..).
>
> -Garrett

Hello.

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately this isn't the case. The arguments are passed quoted to
it, so it's "scons" fault (well, the build script that uses it): it
passes CCFLAGS quoted where they should be individual arguments.

CPPFLAGS are pre-processor flags and CXXFLAGS are C++ compiler flags.

There is a use of the Split() function in the build script
(SConstruct), but I don't know neither about Python or Scons (the first
one is intuitive, but for the other one I have no idea).

Best Regards,
Ale