[ports-i386@pointyhat.freebsd.org: hugin-0.6.1 failed on i386 6]

Vasil Dimov vd at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 28 20:55:39 UTC 2007

On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 15:03:03 -0400, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> FYI; can you please investigate and/or report to the developers?  If
> you are already aware of this problem but do not yet have a fix,
> please mark the port BROKEN in the appropriate case, so that users do
> not unexpectedly encounter it.
>
> See http://pointyhat.freebsd.org for the full log.
>
> Thanks,
> Kris
>
> ----- Forwarded message from User Ports-i386 <ports-i386 at pointyhat.freebsd.org> -----
[...]
> Subject: hugin-0.6.1 failed on i386 6
[...]
> gmake[3]: Entering directory `/work/a/ports/graphics/hugin/work/hugin-0.6.1/src/hugin/po'
> /bin/sh @MKINSTALLDIRS@ /usr/local/share
> @MKINSTALLDIRS@: Can't open @MKINSTALLDIRS@: No such file or directory
> gmake[3]: *** [install-data-yes] Error 2
[...]
> ----- End forwarded message -----

The software comes with a bootstrap script which executes gettextize to
setup the gettext infrastructure. Because gettextize is interactive and
the gettext infrastructure is present I had commented out the gettextize
execution. Unfortunately the shipped gettext infrastructure does not
work with the new version of gettext (0.16.1).

The obvious solution is to allow gettextize execution in order to create
the proper files. But this has the drawback that IS_INTERACTIVE must be
set.

Any ideas how to circumvent gettextize? I read its source and it does
``read dummy < /dev/tty'' unconditionally, so it looks like there is no
way to make it non-interactive.

--
Vasil Dimov
gro.DSBeerF at dv