Why are package builds failing for editors/abiword-plugins?

Eric P. Scott eps+pqry0703 at ana.com
Fri Mar 9 23:04:48 UTC 2007

http://portsmon.freebsd.org/portoverview.py?category=editors&portname=abiword-plugins

i386 and amd64 builds are "failing" as though something were forcing
USE_AUTOTOOLS=	libtool:15
and bypassing the included libtool.  What's the difference?

% ${WRKSRC}/libtool --features
host: i386-portbld-freebsd6.2
enable shared libraries
disable static libraries

% ${LOCALBASE}/bin/libtool --features
host: i386-portbld-freebsd6.2
enable shared libraries
enable static libraries

The latter builds extraneous .a files, which, of course, are
picked up during the install phase.  The package builder sees
files that aren't in the PLIST (and aren't supposed to be),
and it's reported as a failure.

The included libtool is version 1.5.6, and the external libtool
is version 1.5.22, so I can see how it might be beneficial to
"enhance" the abiword-plugins port to work with either one.
However, doing so merely to work around presumed misconfiguration
on the build cluster doesn't strike me as appropriate.

					-=EPS=-