games/openarena port I'm working on...A few questions!

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Sun Jul 29 22:32:45 UTC 2007

Josh Tolbert writes:

>  Second question: the port requires you to download the
>  Windows/Linux distribution of the game and copy all of the data
>  files to a directlry in /usr/local/share. Is there a mechanism
>  for handling this automatically? Can anyone point me to an
>  example?

	(ObRTFM: have you read the "Porters Handbook" chapter of the
Handbook?)
	If it's simply a matter of downloading known files from a fixed
place on the 'Net - i.e. there's no requirement for agreeing to a
license or entering a product code - them I believe the "fetch"
target in bsd.port.mk is your jumping-off point.  Also investigate
the "extract" target.

				Robert Huff