x11/xterm-227 does not like FreeBSD

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Thu Jul 26 15:18:34 UTC 2007

I noticed this too but it was followed by an upgrade to 228 which
seems to fix it

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 02:11:18PM -0700, Chris Timmons wrote:

  Greetings,

  When I upgraded to x11/xterm-227, I noticed that "rows" and "columns" as
  reported to the terminal device by xterm were set to 0:

  	system:/home/cwt/xterm-227> stty all
  	speed 38400 baud; 0 rows; 0 columns;

  Terminal applications would not properly recognize the window size until I
  re-sized the window manuall.

  After doing some research I found this in the xterm-228 release notes:

  	# amend changes to handshake in patch #226  to accommodate
  	  Solaris, which relies on the extra setting of the terminal size
  	  after I/O initialization. Do this by adding new resource
  	  ptySttySize, which is false for Linux and MacOS X, i.e., true
  	  for for Solaris and other SVR4 platforms, as well as FreeBSD
  	 (reports by David Wood, Renato Botelho).

  You may want to hold off on that 'portupgrade -a' that you know wasn't a
  good idea to begin with until the port is upgraded :)

  -Chris