emacs22

Duane Winner dwinner at dwinner.net
Tue Jul 24 15:10:17 UTC 2007

Hello,

Please confirm that I'm doing the right thing:

I followed /usr/ports/UPDATING to upgrade emacs21 to emacs 22 by adding
EMACS_PORT_NAME=emacs22 to make.conf

After that, any time I do a portsdb -Uu to follow-up on my cvsup, I
would get a dependency list incomplete error (lsdb-emacs22-0.10_1:
"/usr/ports/editors/flim-emacs22" non-existent).

Even though /usr/ports/UPDATING doesn't say anything about removing
"EMACS_PORT_NAME=emacs22" from make.conf after the upgrade, I tried
taking it out and running portsdb -Uu again.

Now it works.

Is this the correct thing to do?

Thanks
DW