emacs upgrade question

Brian Gruber knightbg at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 21 18:01:19 UTC 2007

Earlier this week, I was not yet ready to commit to
the emacs upgrade, but i wanted to upgrade my other
ports. So i added EMACS_PORT_NAME=emacs21 to make.conf
and did 'portupgrade -f -o editors/emacs21 emacs',
followed by my usual 'portupgrade -a'.

Now I'm ready to upgrade to emacs 22. What's the
correct procedure for this? I'm guessing perhaps it's
to set the var in make.conf to emacs22 and then do
'portupgrade -fr emacs'. however, it is important to
me that my emacs setup is not borked, so i would
appreciate if someone could confirm.

thanks,
/brian