Problems with +CONTENTS being messed up by pkg_delete -f

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jul 20 19:15:36 UTC 2007

Garrett Cooper wrote:

> Personally I think that:
>    1. Versions shouldn't matter when calculating absolute dependencies
> (i.e. net/samba may depend on popt).

Can you give some kind of context for this comment?

>    2. If versions do change for a dependent package, the packages
> dependent on the changed package should also be rebuilt.

Noooooooo, that should definitely not be the default, as it's hardly
ever necessary to actually do that, and when it is we have more than
enough ports management tools nowadays to handle it.

Doug