acroread plugin in Firefox

Rick Voland rpvoland at spamcop.net
Mon Jul 16 12:03:27 UTC 2007

Norberto Meijome wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 18:28:16 -0500
> Rick Voland <rpvoland at spamcop.net> wrote:
>
>> I am unable to get PDF documents to open properly in Firefox since I
>> updated to xorg 7.2 and linux_base-fc-4_10.
>
> Rick,
> does Acrobat Reader work ok standalone?

Yes, acroread works fine standalone (before and now).

> what does actually happen when you click on a link to a .pdf ?
>
> have you got any other application mapped to it?

I do not have any other application mapped to PDF in Firefox
preferences.  The default pluggerrc-5.1.3 file which I use has four
applications mapped to PDF, but acroread is first and gv is last.

> have you got the link :
>
> $ ls -l /usr
> [...]
> lrwxr-xr-x   1 root  wheel       10 May 21 14:30 X11R6 -> /usr/local
>
> in place?

Yes, the link is there with the same permissions as you indicate.

> have you registered the acroread plugin with nspluginwrapper ?

Yes, the acroread plugin is registered with nspluginwrapper, and I
removed the file /etc/libmap.conf.  The flash plugin is registered in
the same way and works fine.

Note, that the acroread plugin does work for me when I disable the
plugin for plugger.