security/dsniff: Marked BROKEN

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jan 17 00:24:16 UTC 2007

Gabor Kovesdan píše v út 16. 01. 2007 v 18:26 +0100:
> Joe Holden schrieb:
> > Does anyone know why this is the case? It builds and installs fine on
> > my machines.  If its just a port conflict, surely just adding
> > CONFLICTS to the makefiles of both libnet ports etc would do the trick?
> >
> > Or is there another reason?
> >
> It seems there is a long-standing issue with net/libnet, net/libnet10
> and net/libnet-devel ports, that affect about 40 ports, and dsniff is
> one of those.
>
> See the following three PRs:
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/97257
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/89098
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/95733
>
> And one that is supposed tofix the issue:
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/103861
>
> As it is a big change, that affects about 40 port, it needs
> test/approval from the Ports Management Team. I put them into CC, maybe
> they can give you more information, how they want this issue fixed. If
> you can help, that's highly appreciated, please consult with them about
> the issue.

Interesting! I'd like to devote some time upcoming days to it.

Alejandro, can you provide me with an up-to-date patch for this?

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

End users have trouble keeping food off their keyboard and sorting messages
in Outlook. Try explaining this problem to them.