security/dsniff: Marked BROKEN

Gabor Kovesdan gabor at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 16 17:26:35 UTC 2007

Joe Holden schrieb:
> Does anyone know why this is the case? It builds and installs fine on
> my machines.  If its just a port conflict, surely just adding
> CONFLICTS to the makefiles of both libnet ports etc would do the trick?
>
> Or is there another reason?

It seems there is a long-standing issue with net/libnet, net/libnet10
and net/libnet-devel ports, that affect about 40 ports, and dsniff is
one of those.

See the following three PRs:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/97257
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/89098
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/95733

And one that is supposed tofix the issue:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/103861

As it is a big change, that affects about 40 port, it needs
test/approval from the Ports Management Team. I put them into CC, maybe
they can give you more information, how they want this issue fixed. If
you can help, that's highly appreciated, please consult with them about
the issue.

Regards,
Gabor