sqlite3 - any plans to update?

Maxim Khitrov mkhitrov at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 11:35:45 PST 2007

On Dec 29, 2007 12:25 PM, Maxim Khitrov <mkhitrov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 29, 2007 6:50 AM, Yuri Pankov <yuri.pankov at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > First of all - why this is a question and not PR with patch to update -
> > there are too many dependant ports which I have no way to test and
> > current stable version is 3.5.4, which isn't minor modification (I
> > think). And I'm getting spammed by bogofilter trying to convince me to
> > update sqlite to at least version 3.4.2.
> >
> > So, are there some showstoppers or is it just ETIME & EHOLIDAYS? :-)
> >

> > TIA,
> > Yuri
>
> I e-mailed the maintainer as well as portmgr at . No response from
> maintainer, but Pav Lucistnik suggested that I prepare the update then
> wait 2 weeks to allow anyone other than the maintainer (assuming that
> he is MIA) to commit. I even started looking at it, but I have about
> 10 other things I need to be working on. I'll see if it's a simple
> case of updating the makefile and distinfo. If not, it would probably
> be best if someone more familiar with sqlite (and ports) internals
> handle the update.
>
> - Max

I was able to build the new version, and it seems to be working.
However, there were some major changes made (to sqlite and the port
itself) and I wouldn't recommend using my version in a production
environment. I had to get rid of the FTS options because those patches
didn't work anymore. In any case, the port has to be updated for FTS
3. I don't have the time right now to come up with something new.
Also, it seems that this version now requires TCL 8.4 even when
building without TCLWRAPPER. Not sure why it does this, the
--disable-tcl switch is passed to configure but compilation still
fails without tcl installed.

Anyway, download the new port from the url below and extract it in
/usr/ports/databases. It will create sqlite35 and sqlite35-threads
directories. Other than the removal of FTS and new dependency on TCL
8.4, everything else should be the same as for sqlite3 port. Test it
out, see if it works for you. If no one has any problems with it then
maybe it can be added to the ports tree, but someone else will need to
maintain it. I don't have much time these days, unfortunately.

- Max