multimedia/mplayer doesn't build (default options)

Tim Kellers timothyk at wallnet.com
Sat Dec 22 16:23:50 PST 2007

Thomas Zander wrote:
> On 22/12/2007, Dominic Fandrey <LoN_Kamikaze at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> I've got a solution now. After the build failed just go to your WRKDIR and run
>> gmake. The build will finish just fine. I've got no idea why it doesn't work
>> through the ports.
>>

> This is indeed strange. I still couldn't figure out how to trigger
> this problem. However I have done "pkg_delete -a" on a 7.0 box and
> installed all ports from scratch, including mplayer with the default
> options. No problem whatsoever. It would really be helpful to know
> what causes this issue.
>
> Riggs

I've been hacking around inside this problem during my downtime at work
for days, now.  I'm trying the "gmake solution" now, but I've broken so
many things (fontconfig, gtk1.x, gtk2.x, etc) trying to figure this out
that I have to unbreak everything before I can see if using gmake in the
WRKDIR fixes it for me, too.  I'll post updates as things become less
broken.

Of all the (unsuccessful) things I was trying, running gmake wasn't even
on my radar screen.  What made you think to try that??

Tim