courier-imap-4.3.0 breaks connecting/logging in for some users

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Mon Dec 17 13:23:17 PST 2007

On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 10:14:27PM +0100 I heard the voice of
Stefan Bethke, and lo! it spake thus:

> Why it matters which client accesses the account, I cannot fathom.

I can't imagine that it does, but it seems like most clients don't
pass along the information.  I have no idea why it doesn't forward the
problem along to syslog; that seems highly braindamaged.  I found it
just by trying the login to imap manually, and getting back:

* BYE [ALERT] Fatal error: Account's mailbox directory is not owned by the correct uid or gid: No such file or directory
Connection closed by foreign host.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net