xmule port

Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira lioux-list at uol.com.br
Wed Dec 12 17:52:15 PST 2007

Hi,

> I have noticed that xMule has been removed from our ports tree.
> Could someone say me why? I uses xmule and worked for me, but now i
> cant install it from ports.

   I removed it due to lack of development. The last update happened on
09/11/2006, more than a year ago. Since the de facto standard for
edonkey p2p communication is emule, a client is of no help if it does
not follow emule's development.

   xmule implements none of the last year worth of emule protocol
development. You are better off trying either net-p2p/amule or
net-p2p/mldonkey (which I personally recommend).

   If you still want to use xmule, I'll revive the port with no maintainer.

   Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
feature, n: a documented bug | bug, n: an undocumented feature