www/mod_python support in apache22?

Chris Shenton chris at shenton.org
Tue Dec 11 10:03:51 PST 2007

FWIW, I've been converting my python webapps under apache22 from
mod_python to mod_wsgi.   I've found mod_python to be a real pain to get
working on some Solaris installs and mod_wsgi to be much easier to
configure and tweak.   This includes Trac and Pylons-based webapps.

Here's a blurb from the Trac folks:

http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracModWSGI

and here's the author's docs on mod_wsgi integration with Trac:

http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/IntegrationWithTrac

The latter is filled with good info on variations you can use.

Having said that, here's my config from a box I haven't yet converted
from mod_python; I used ports for Apache, Trac, Python, SVN, ...

<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerName		trac.example.com
  ErrorLog		/var/log/trac.example.com.errors
  CustomLog		/var/log/trac.example.com.log	combined
  ServerAdmin		chris-tracmaster at example.com
  <Location 		/>
	SetHandler	mod_python
	PythonHandler	trac.web.modpython_frontend
	PythonOption	TracEnvParentDir	/usr/local/trac
	PythonOption	TracUriRoot		/
	AuthType	Basic
	AuthName	"Trac"
	AuthUserFile	/usr/local/etc/apache22/htpasswd-svn
        AuthGroupFile	/usr/local/etc/apache22/htgroup-svn
	Require		valid-user
  </Location>
  <Location		/ploneprojects>
	Require		group ploneprojects