HELP needed by experienced porter for simple review

GP godpost at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 04:34:11 PST 2007

>  - Respect the CC, CFLAGS and LOCALBASE. See in post-patch.
>  - Add kissdx.in in 'files' directory.
>  - Remove that add_to_conf stuff in Makefile, use pkg-message.

Thank you Mezz, for going through my makefiles and making it conform to the
principals of
the ports system. That was a very big help to me and an effort beyond
expectation.
It gave me a new understanding of /files that I will pass on to the doc team
and
hopefully into the next version of porters handbook.

rc.conf
It's a shame that I can't use a script placed in /files to change rc.conf
during install/
deinstall. I really liked that. But i guess I will settle with a dull
pkg-message at the
end, like the rest of you...

Source Makefile
Since I made the (simple) source Makefile, I would have liked to take
advantage of the
many predefined macros/variables i the port Makefile.
It seems strange to me, to pass them as a patch (like this: s|CC?= gcc|CC?=
${CC}|g )

How many of them if any, are passed on to the source makefile? Are there a
way to turn
them all on? if that: any documentation? (except the bsd.ports.mk file)

BR, Simon