rebuilding Postfix to ad MySQL support

jekillen jekillen at prodigy.net
Wed Dec 5 17:04:53 PST 2007

Hello;
Can I get some advice:
I have Postfix installed from package at system install.
I am trying to set up Cyrus Imap and Cyradm. These
have specified use of mysql for database types. After
carefully crafting the configuration files for Postfix, I
am informed tha Postfix does not support MySQL tables
as it stands. I have received instruction from Postfix list
about how to add the support:

$ make -f Makefile.init makefiles \
     'CCARGS=-DHAS_MYSQL -I/usr/local/include/mysql' \
     'AUXLIBS=-L/usr/local/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient -lz -lm'

	Wietsed

I assume this is done in the Postfix port dir (and, impatiently,
I am wondering if this is the correct syntax for csh).
My question is:
should I de-install the existing Postfix package first?
I have laboriously crafted main.cf and the various
database files. I could copy them somewhere else
and re instate them. But why if the existing configuration
files won't be bothered.
Please forgive my novice* user level. I am learning as I go
along. I am a hobbyist at this stage. Perhaps tomorrow,
who knows?
* I am a little beyond 'newby' but not by much.
Thank you in advance
Jeff K