New Port and X11 Path

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Thu Aug 16 22:09:46 PDT 2007

Hello all,

I am new to working with the ports system and have created a port that
depends on cmake, bison v2.3, QT 3.3.x and X11. I had previously
installed cmake and QT using packages. Since the bison 2.3 port appeared
to be rather recent, I csup'd my ports tree before attempting to test my
port build and install. After the upgrade, cmake was no longer able to
locate the QT libraries. I removed the QT libraries and attempted to
install them from ports which yielded an error related to /usr/X11R6 not
being a symlink ( or something like that ). I ran another test after
installing 6.2 and immediately updating the ports tree. I was able to
build and install all dependencies and my port.

Does this have to do with the /usr/X11R6 path being depreciated? If so,
is there any special settings I could add to the port that allows it to
still find dependencies in the old /usr/X11R6 prefix? Could be nice for
users that have installed 6.2 packages before updating their ports tree.
Maybe this kind of setup is just unsupported?

Thanks in advance,

-Matthew