Help, several but not all ports make failing with no errors

Jeffrey Williams jeff at sailorfej.net
Thu Aug 2 18:47:24 UTC 2007

Hi Folks,

I am having a weird problem, since upgrading several servers to the new
Xorg.  These servers do not have full X installed on them, but do have
apps installed that depend on some X libraries.

When trying to install some ports, most recently subversion, when I type
"make" in the port directory, I get returned immediately to the prompt,
with no messages, and now errors, nothing copied or installed.

This problem has occurred intermittently with out a lot of consistency.
  For instance php5 worked fine on one server but not on another, most
of the servers are running in jails, at the moment subversion is my main
problem.

All servers were upgrade from 6.2p0 to p6 using cvsup and make
buildworld, on some the installed ports were upgraded using the
portupgrade technique form UPDATING, on others all pre-existing ports
were deinstalled, mergebase was run, then needed ports were reinstalled.
  This problem seems to manifest equally regardless of which technique
was used.

This problem does not occur with every port, for instance on the two
servers currently causing me problems, visitors and wget installed fine,
but subversion exhibits the symptoms described above, problem seems to
occur more often on the jailed servers than on the regular, I also tried
installing to the jailed servers from the jail host server using the
DESTDIR flag, but had the same symptom.

Really quick help on this would be appreciated, this is holding up some
critical projects.

Thanks
Jeff