CONFLICTS not working as expected

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Tue Sep 26 02:42:44 PDT 2006

While trying to create a port for Privoxy 3.0.5 beta
I noticed that on my system CONFLICTS aren't working
as expecting.

The port is:
http://www.fabiankeil.de/sourcecode/freebsd/privoxy-devel-3.0.5.shar

Inside the Makefile I have the line:
"CONFLICTS=	privoxy-[0-9]*"
which is supposed to conflict with www/privoxy.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/conflicts.html
says: "You can use shell globs like * and ? here. Packages names should be
enumerated the same way they appear in /var/db/pkg."

"echo /var/db/pkg/privoxy-[0-9]*" lists:
/var/db/pkg/privoxy-3.0.3_5
therefore I would expect a conflict here, however I don't
get one.

My system is FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE, and I have the feeling
that CONFLICTS aren't working at all, at least for the "conflicting"
ports I tried:

porttest# pkg_info | egrep -e '^(gnutls|tor-|privoxy)'
gnutls-1.4.4        GNU Transport Layer Security library
gnutls-devel-1.5.0  GNU Transport Layer Security library
privoxy-3.0.3_5     Privoxy is a web proxy with advanced filtering capabilities
privoxy-devel-3.0.5 A web proxy with advanced filtering capabilities
tor-0.1.1.23        An anonymizing overlay network for TCP
tor-devel-0.1.2.1   An anonymizing overlay network for TCP

There is a PR about CONFLICTS being ignored if DESTDIR
is set (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/102300),
but it is supposed to be fixed and I'm not using DESTDIR anyway.

In make.conf I have DISTDIR, PACKAGES and PKGREPOSITORY set,
but if I comment them out, the problem persists.

Am I the only on seeing this?
Can someone please comment on whether my CONFLICT line is correct?

Fabian
--
http://www.fabiankeil.de/