portupgrade and starting servers after upgrade.

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Tue Sep 19 00:46:17 PDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-Sep-19 07:04:56 +0200, Martin Nilsson wrote:
>For instance every time I portupgrade dhcpd I have to remember to start
>it manually after the upgrade. As portupgrade knows how to stop the
>daemon before the upgrade it should also know how to start it afterwards.

Stopping the daemon is easy: "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/.... stop".
Starting it afterwards is not quite as easy because, portupgrade
should restore the state of the daemon to the state prior to it
starting, not just start it automatically.  (The administrator
may have manually stopped the daemon).

--
Peter Jeremy