Samba and FAM

Stanislav Sedov ssedov at mbsd.msk.ru
Wed Sep 13 09:38:05 PDT 2006

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 09:53:13 -0500
"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy at veldy.net> mentioned:

> I have been using Samba 3.x for my Windows file share and printing.  I
> chose not to use FAM as the implementation on FreeBSD seems non-existant
> (where is the daemon?).

If you install devel/fam fam binary itself acts as a daemon. pkg-message
contains information about how to get it running as a daemon.

Not sure about gamin, but i belive it can serve as a daemon too,

--
Stanislav Sedov         MBSD labs, Inc.         <ssedov at mbsd.msk.ru>
Россия, Москва         http://mbsd.msk.ru

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.  -- A. Einstein
PGP fingerprint:  F21E D6CC 5626 9609 6CE2  A385 2BF5 5993 EB26 9581