FreeBSD Port: ipmi-kmod-20060418_1

J. Martin Petersen jmp.lists at alvorlig.dk
Sat Sep 9 00:51:38 PDT 2006

Michael Graziano wrote:

> By any chance have you had success with this module on some of the newer
> Dell (X950) hardware?

FreeBSD IPMI on 6.1 no longer works on our Dell SC 1425 (which is a
somewhat older model) after the latest Flash BIOS upgrade (which we
needed for other reasons), loading the modules yields

ipmi0: <System Management BIOS> at iomem 0xfa830-0xfa84e,0xfa850-0xfb356
on isa0
ipmi0: SMBIOS Version: 2.03, revision: 2.03
ipmi0: KCS mode found at io 0xca8 alignment 0x4 on isa
ipmi0: couldn't configure smbios io res
sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio1: port may not be enabled

Are you seeing something similar (or something at all), when you load
the module?

We have a PowerEdge 1800 which gives similar results, but I am not sure
if that is running the latest BIOS or not.

Cheers, Martin