Fwd: Thunar and Xfce-4.4

Oliver Lehmann lehmann at ans-netz.de
Mon Sep 4 20:09:54 UTC 2006

Nadow wrote:

> Excuse my ignorance but, Cant be  beta or RC versions of programs in the
> ports tree?. You know, like enlighteenment-0.17 which has been (and It is
> still) a  beta for 5 years and it is in the ports tree as
> enlightenment-0.16.999.0.2
>
> Thank you for your time

Problem here is that right now there are 47 ports I've changed or added
for xfce 4.4 (rc, beta). And I find it kinda bloated to duplicate each of
those ports to create a "-devel" version. Think about it, this would
include every xfce component and plugin and so on... I like it more the
way gnome folks are doing it by only checking in final releases, and
providing the "in between" states online as I do...

http://people.freebsd.org/~oliver/xfce/

Right now, as mentioned, I'm working on a rc1 patchset/shar archive and
I'll post the link here as I did it since xfce 4.0 was beta....

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/