HEADS UP: GNOME 2.16.1 has been committed

martinko gamato at pobox.sk
Sat Oct 21 10:12:46 PDT 2006

martinko wrote:
> mato wrote:

>>> I disabled seamonkey support for now. Seamonkey used to work in
>>> yelp.
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> May I ask you to check whether it could possibly (be made to) work pls ?
>> (for I don't feel like installing another browser only for yelp to work.
>> actually i wouldn't have moved from old gnome if i had known this.)
>>
>> Many thanks!
>>
>> Martin
>>

> Hello guys,
>
> Yet another issue discovered, now with epiphany:
>
> [...]
>
>  epiphany is using seamonkey for gecko support, but you can
>  change that by defining WITH_GECKO to the following values:
>
>    firefox
>    mozilla
>    seamonkey
>    firefox-devel
>    xulrunner
>
> [...]
>
> checking which gecko to use... seamonkey
> checking for compiler -fshort-wchar option... yes
> checking whether to enable C++ RTTI... no
> checking whether we have a gtk 2 gecko build... yes
> checking whether we have a gecko debug build... no
> checking for gecko version... 1.8
> configure: error: "mozilla" flavoured geckos aren't tasty enough!
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> Please run the gnomelogalyzer, available from
> "http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/gnomelogalyzer.sh", which will diagnose the
> problem and suggest a solution. If - and only if - the gnomelogalyzer cannot
> solve the problem, report the build failure to the FreeBSD GNOME team at
> gnome at FreeBSD.org, and attach (a)
> "/usr/ports/www/epiphany/work/epiphany-2.16.1/config.log", (b) the output of
> the failed make command, and (c) the gnomelogalyzer output. Also, it might
> be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your
> system
> (i.e. an `ls /var/db/pkg`). Put your attachment up on any website,
> copy-and-paste into http://freebsd-gnome.pastebin.com, or use send-pr(1)
> with
> the attachment. Try to avoid sending any attachments to the mailing list
> (gnome at FreeBSD.org), because attachments sent to FreeBSD mailing lists are
> usually discarded by the mailing list software.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/www/epiphany.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/www/epiphany-extensions.
> ** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
> /tmp/portinstall.2355.0 env make
> ** Fix the problem and try again.

Also, www/epiphany-extensions build fails for some reason:

checking whether epiphany has python support... no
checking for EPIPHANY_DEPENDENCY... yes
checking whether OpenSP support is requested... no
checking which extensions to build... configure: WARNING: Epiphany
compiled without python support, extensions python-console sample-python
favicon will not be available
 actions auto-reload auto-scroller certificates error-viewer
extensions-manager-ui gestures java-console page-info push-scroller
select-stylesheet sidebar smart-bookmarks tab-groups tab-states adblock
checking for pcre-config... /usr/local/bin/pcre-config
checking whether libpcre was compiled with UTF-8 support... no
configure: error: pcre does not support utf-8
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please run the gnomelogalyzer, available from
"http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/gnomelogalyzer.sh", which will diagnose the
problem and suggest a solution. If - and only if - the gnomelogalyzer cannot
solve the problem, report the build failure to the FreeBSD GNOME team at
gnome at FreeBSD.org, and attach (a)
"/usr/ports/www/epiphany-extensions/work/epiphany-extensions-2.16.1/config.log",
(b) the output of the failed make command, and (c) the gnomelogalyzer
output.
Also, it might be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages
installed
on your system (i.e. an `ls /var/db/pkg`). Put your attachment up on any
website, copy-and-paste into http://freebsd-gnome.pastebin.com, or use
send-pr(1) with the attachment. Try to avoid sending any attachments to the
mailing list (gnome at FreeBSD.org), because attachments sent to FreeBSD
mailing
lists are usually discarded by the mailing list software.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/epiphany-extensions.
** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa
/tmp/portinstall.15536.0 env make
** Fix the problem and try again.