FreeBSD Port: lang/python

John Angelmo john at veidit.net
Tue Oct 3 07:27:42 PDT 2006

Hello

I am trying to install Hula mail, but it complains with this while
running configure:

OS: FreeBSD 6.1

The running: ./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/hula --with-user=hula

I get this:
checking for openssl... yes
checking OPENSSL_CFLAGS... -I/usr/local/include
checking OPENSSL_LIBS... -L/usr/local/lib -lssl -lcrypto
checking for a Python interpreter with version >= 2.3... python
checking for python... /usr/local/bin/python
checking for python version... 2.4
checking for python platform... freebsd6
checking for python script directory...
${prefix}/lib/python2.4/site-packages
checking for python extension module directory...
${exec_prefix}/lib/python2.4/site-packages
checking for PyArg_Parse... no
configure: error: Dragonfly requires python-devel, or python built with
shared library support (--enable-shared)

I guess that python-devel is a Linux rpm package, I have the usual
python package install, could I have missed something? The Hula
developers are stating that this is a freebsd issue (ports with python)

/John