FreeBSD Port: php5-5.1.4

Ion-Mihai IOnut Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Thu May 18 09:35:04 UTC 2006

On Thu, 18 May 2006 11:05:08 +0200
"Helmut Schneider" <jumper99 at gmx.de> wrote:

> > In the meantime/interim, I think someone (that means port committers
> > at the top of the "managerial chain") should mark the port as BROKEN
> > until ale@ gets to it (when/as he sees fit).  Normally I wouldn't
> > recommend this, but the number of people relying on the php5 port
> > is gargantuan, and safe to say we'll continue to see mails about it
> > here until 97338 is committed.
>
> In spite of that may I ask what exactly the problem is? For me (personally
> and looking at the PR) it seems that just 3 lines in the distinfo are wrong
> taking 30 seconds to fix.

Yes, the commit would not take much (more that 30 seconds since usually
we build the port on tinderbox before the commit).

But for this kind of silent changes the commiter has to verify by hand
_what_ has changed to avoid potential security problems.

BOFH excuse #305:
IRQ-problems with the Un-Interruptible-Power-Supply