makeztxt is very outdated

Andreas Eriksson andreas at tpwch.com
Mon May 1 10:08:23 UTC 2006

The makeztxt program used to convert text files onto ztxt files
(readable by the palm os book reader weasel @ gutenpalm.sf.net, which
is where makeztxt is hosted too) is pretty outdated. The version in
ports (1.43) is from March 2002, and the newest version (1.60) is from
August 2003.

Its not just as simple as changing the version number in the makefile,
because at least one of the patches that are applied doesn't apply to
the new version.

I'm sending this here since the port doesn't have a maintainer.
I'm new to the FreeBSD port system (but not to patching and Makefiles
iin general) so it would probably be best if someone else took care of
this, however, if no one is willing to I'll go read up on the port
system and fix it myself, and submit the changes here.

Please CC any replies you send to the list to me, since I'm not subscribed.

--
Andreas Eriksson (TPC)