How to get optional distfiles mirrored?

Wed Mar 22 06:47:19 UTC 2006

Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Alexander Leidinger wrote:

>> What about:
>> ---snip---
>> .if defined(PACKAGE_BUILDING)
>> DISTFILES+=...
>> ALWAYS_KEEP_DISTFILES=  yes
>> .endif
>> ---snip---
>
> Thanks for this suggestion. Although I went another way in the end, I
> thought it was worth pointing out that DISTFILES+= did not work as I
> expected it would. Instead of adding the file to the list, it replaced the
> value of DISTFILES. The workaround would have been to do:

That's strange. I did this in the linux_base-8 port in the first place and in
the end DISTFILES contained everything
(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/emulators/linux_base-8/Makefile.diff?r1=1.110&r2=1.111&f=h).
Now it's solved differently there, because of a linux_base port internal
reason.

Bye,
Alexander.

There is no time like the pleasant.