How to get optional distfiles mirrored?

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 21 22:38:19 UTC 2006

Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Am Sat, 18 Mar 2006 14:23:58 -0500
> schrieb Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org>:
>
>> On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 10:18:31AM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
>>> Howdy,
>>>
>>> The ftp site does not have a mirror of an optional patch for Pine, I imagine
>>> because it requires WITH_MAILDIR to fetch. Is there a way (other than
>>> altering the port's defaults) to have this happen automatically?
>> Put it in your ~/public_distfiles and add MASTER_SITE_LOCAL to the
>> mirror list.
>
> What about:
> ---snip---
> .if defined(PACKAGE_BUILDING)
> DISTFILES+=...
> ALWAYS_KEEP_DISTFILES=  yes
> .endif
> ---snip---

Thanks for this suggestion. Although I went another way in the end, I
thought it was worth pointing out that DISTFILES+= did not work as I
expected it would. Instead of adding the file to the list, it replaced the
value of DISTFILES. The workaround would have been to do:

.if defined(PACKAGE_BUILDING)
DISTFILES=	${DISTNAME}${EXTRACT_SUFX} maildir.patch.gz

(along with some master site grouping gymnastics, etc).

hth,

Doug