editors/openoffice-2.0 & java/jdk14

Guillermo MORENO-SOCIAS Guillermo.Moreno-Socias at math.uvsq.fr
Sat Mar 11 16:30:18 UTC 2006

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 12:30:50PM +0100, Bartosz Fabianowski wrote:
> >It seems that it should work with jdk14 patchlevel 7 but I hesitate
> >to downgrade my jdk14 patchlevel 8 (besides, I do not know how to
> >proceed).
>
> Are you actually positive you're running jdk-1.4.2p8_3? The compile
> date of your jdk14 port certainly seems to indicate you should have
> port revision 3. But maybe you forgot to cvsup before compiling that?
>
> The problem you are experiencing was fixed when portrevision on jdk14
> got bumped from 2 to 3. Please double-check you have the newest revision
> of the JDK installed.
>
> - Bartosz

   You were right.  Somehow I got installed a bad jdk-1.4.2p8_3,
because I had only added to /usr/ports/distfiles these files:

j2sdk-1_4_2-bin-scsl.zip
j2sdk-1_4_2-src-scsl.zip
bsd-jdk14-patches-8.tar.gz

so that

j2sdk-1_4_2_10-linux-i586.bin

was missing.  Strangely enough, I was never asked for it.

   Thanks.
                                      Guillermo Moreno-Socias