keeping up with "gnu-libtool -> libtool15"

Csaba Henk csaba-ml at creo.hu
Tue Jun 20 10:05:22 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 10:33:57AM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Create the dirlist file, run aclocal and then autoconf. I expect that
> it will work then.

I figured out that libtoolize should be called before aclocal (or else
I get "required file `./ltmain.sh' not found".

However, even doing that is not sufficient: while the configure script
will be generated with no apparent failure, it still bails out
out with

  /usr/local/bin/bash: ./ltconfig: No such file or directory
  configure: error: libtool configure failed

The same happens if I call autoreconf.

 * * *

Doing that also reveals what I see as the _real_ problem (which goes
beyond my actual misery with FUSE): the non-gnu-prefixed versions of
autotools are not a _transparent_ drop-in replacement for the
gnu-prefixed ones. That is, autoreconf (which is then autoreconf259)
will fail with

  Can't exec "aclocal"

So one have to look for workarounds for making autoreconf259 find
aclocal19 as aclocal (and so on). (Or did I miss some knob which will
have this effect globally?)

Regards,
Csaba