fvwm 2.5.17 Issue
Cy.Schubert at komquats.com
Thu Jul 20 03:35:34 UTC 2006
Fvwm2 2.5.17 was released, however it contains a nasty little bug which
causes it to ignore colour specification for the text in a title bar. Until
this issue is addressed, I will hold off on updating the port. If anyone
wants an unofficial updated fvwm2-devel port for 2.5.17, it is available at
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert at komquats.com>
FreeBSD UNIX: <cy at FreeBSD.org> Web: http://www.FreeBSD.org
------- Forwarded Message
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 17:30:30 -0500
From: Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs at math.uh.edu>
To: fvwm-announce at fvwm.org
Subject: fvwm 2.5.17
Fvwm is a powerful window manager. Version 2.5.17 is a beta
release that adds a number of features and fixes some bugs.
Please be aware that any features introduced in the 2.5.x
development versions may be renamed, changed or removed without
notice before 2.6.0.
Upgrading from earlier 2.5.x versions is recommended.
This release is available at the home page: http://www.fvwm.org/.
* New features:
- New MenuStyle options TitleFont, TitleColorset and
- New command PressButton in module FvwmButtons for being able
to emulate button press via other means than the mouse.
- New wrap options to EdgeScroll command for wrapping with pixel
- New Style option UnderMousePlacement.
- Unused arguments to Style options generate warnings.
- The name style names match against can be augmented by the
- New options, Reverse and UseStack, to All command.
- WindowShade can now reshade windows using the Last direction.
- Positional parameters to complex functions can now be expanded
using $[n], $[n-m], $[n-] and $[*] expressions.
- The width and height arguments of the Resize command now
accept the prefix 'w' to allow resizing relative to the
current window size.
- New command ModuleListenOnly.
- New "Periodic" option added to Schedule command.
* Bug Fixes:
- Fixed detection of running non-ICCCM2 wm (bug #3151).
- Fixed drawing of menus with the sidepic on the right.
- EdgeScroll no longer divides pixel distances >1000 by 1000.
- The configure script can now cope with four-part version
numbers when detecting some libraries.
- The WarpToWindow command followed by Move in a complex
function now uses the correct pointer position.
- The menu style TitleWarp does no longer warp the pointer for
root menus (as it is documented).
- Fixed detection of safe system version of mkstemp.
- Fixed the conditions Iconifiable, Fixed, FixedSize,
Maximizable and Closable.
- Fixed problem with window outline and placement position
running out of sync.
- FvwmConsole no longer conflicts with Cygwin stdio (bug #3772).
- FvwmGtk now configures correctly on Cygwin (bug #3772).
- Fixed tempfile vulnerabilities in FvwmCommand.
------- End of Forwarded Message
More information about the freebsd-ports