portupgrade portupgrade leaves an error....

gareth bsd at lordcow.org
Thu Jul 13 09:43:30 UTC 2006

On Mon 2006-07-03 (05:56), Donald J. O'Neill wrote:
> OK, then you're going to have to get a bit more aggressive. This is what I did
> to take care of the problem on my 6.1-STABLE system:
>
> mv /usr/ports/INDEX-6.db --> INDEX-6.db.org
> mv /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db --> pkgdb.db.org
>
> pkg_delete portupgrade-2.1.3.1,2
> pkg_delete ruby18-bdb-0.5.9
> pkg_delete ruby18-bdb1-0.2.2
> pkg_delete db4-4.0.14_1,1
> pkg_delete db41-4.1.25_3
> pkg_delete db42-4.2.52_4
>
> I left db43-4.3.29, It would be needed later and reomoving it would cause too
> many other things to have to be rebuilt (or I get a bite in the ass if I
> don't).
>
> 'cd /usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade'
> 'make conf' ?----- select bdb4, it'll use db43 as that's what's installed.
> 'make package-recursive'
>
> 'pkgdb -F'????????fix the dependencies and rebuild pkgdb.db
> portversion -v |grep needs??????rebuilds portsdb (and rechecks pkgdb.db) and I
> find out what ports need upgrading.
>
> 'portsnap fetch update'
> 'portversion -v |grep needs'
>
> It works and I now have a working portupgrade-2.1.3.2,2
>
> I did a lot of reading about this problem and a lot of looking at dependencies
> using pkg_info -r and -R to come up with the way I corrected the problem. I
> have two other 6.1 systems (one STABLE, one RELEASE) to fix the problem on.
> They are a little different as they don't have the same things installed on
> them that are on my personal system, but they are similar in what I'm going
> to do to fix them.

hi, i tried all've that, but when i get to 'pkgdb -F', this's what it says:

# pkgdb -F
--->  Checking the package registry database
[Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db: unexpected file type or format -- Invalid argument; rebuild needed] [Rebuilding the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db: unexpected file type or format -- Invalid argument: Cannot update the pkgdb!]: Cannot update the pkgdb!]
#