[HEADSUP] latest round of bsd.*.mk changes committed

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Thu Jul 6 23:03:59 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jul 04, 2006 at 09:22:09PM -0500, Mark Linimon wrote:
> BROKEN is intended to be set in individual ports.
> With IGNORE, the build cluster will never attempt to build these
> ports.  Common cases for IGNORE are for the CONFLICTS logic; for
> licensing/packaging reasons; and for the impossibility of ever using
> that port on a particular architecture.  (Well, in the latter case,
> we hope someone might be able to update the application to do so, but
> in the meantime there is no reason for anyone to try to install it.)

>From a discussion on IRC:

    How about BROKEN (software doesn't work for some reason), IGNORE
    (port infrastructure doesn't work because if port building
    requirements not met) and FUBAR (port infrastructure itself is
    fucked up (distinfo wrong, failing patches))

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org
edwin at mavetju.org    |          Weblog: http://weblog.barnet.com.au/edwin/