portupgrade portupgrade leaves an error....

David J Brooks daeg at houston.rr.com
Sun Jul 2 01:57:20 UTC 2006

On Saturday 01 July 2006 09:48, Sergey Matveychuk wrote:
> David J Brooks wrote:

> >> Yes, problem is with ruby-bdb port. If you have installed a few Berkley
> >> db ports (e.g. db40, db42, db44) ruby-bdb configure script find the
> >> highest version and will compiled with it, but if WITH_BDB points on
> >> other version, the port will formed wrong and will not work.
> >
> > These are the db versions that I have installed:
> > db4-4.0.14_1,1
> > db41-4.1.25_3
> > db42-4.2.52_4
> >
> > This is what is set in /var/db/ports/portupgrade/options:
> > WITH_BDB4=true
> >
> > I'm not sure which of those installed versions is being built against
> > and/or linked to...
>
> It's linked with db42 but should with db4.

OK. I changed the options file to WITH_BDB42=true

and now portupgrade has this message as it begins to compile:

"Neither WITH_DBD4 nor WITH_BDB1 are defined. Will use DBD driver."

And when run produces the same error.

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/i386-freebsd6/bdb.so:
Undefined symbol "db_version"

Setting the options file to WITH_BDB=42 has the same result.

I guess I'm not setting that option properly.. what should it look like?

David
--
Sure God created the world in only six days,
but He didn't have an established user-base.