building apxs aware packages from ports

ET Support support at earthtecinc.com
Mon Jan 9 12:22:08 PST 2006

Hello All,

I am in a situation where NFS is not available to me and I am trying to
build apxs aware packages from a central ports tree for use on multiple
virtual private servers... I know that when you do a 'make install' from
ports, it goes out and detects what apxs is available, confirms version of
apache based on that, and then builds ... how can you get the same apxs
effect with 'make package' ? Or is there another alternative that would
accomplish the same result?

Thanks,

Ben King

ET Support
support at earthtecinc.com
http://EarthTecInc.com/

"Offshore Hosting will give your e-Business a Crucial Competitive Advantage"