building apxs aware packages from ports

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 12:48:46 PST 2006

On 1/9/06, ET Support <support at earthtecinc.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am in a situation where NFS is not available to me and I am trying to
> build apxs aware packages from a central ports tree for use on multiple
> virtual private servers... I know that when you do a 'make install' from
> ports, it goes out and detects what apxs is available, confirms version of
> apache based on that, and then builds ... how can you get the same apxs
> effect with 'make package' ? Or is there another alternative that would
> accomplish the same result?

As long as the virtual servers and the package building server have
the same version of Apache installed using 'make package' to create
the package (1), and then using pkg_add on the virtual servers to add
the package(s) should work.

NOTE: 1. you'll also need to ensure that all depending ports have
their packages built.

Scot
--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.