firefox won't start

Roman Bogorodskiy novel at FreeBSD.org
Sat Jan 7 11:34:58 PST 2006

Hello,

I have problems with firefox-1.5_5,1. It won't start. When I type
`firefox` in xterm, nothing happens and I don't get returned to the
shell prompt. When I exec `firefox -P' I see Profile Manager window, but
when I select one of profiles the story repeats.

truss -p `pgrep firefox` shows:

kse_release(0x51ef20)                            = 0 (0x0)
kse_release(0x51ef20)                            = 0 (0x0)
kse_release(0x51ef20)                            = 0 (0x0)

Starting firefox with an empty ~/.mozilla won't help. Though, sometimes
a miricle happens and it starts fine. It starts fine for another users
on the same box.

FreeBSD underworld.novel.ru 7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #0: Wed Jan  4 11:15:10 UTC 2006     root at underworld.novel.ru:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/UNDERWORLD  amd64

Roman Bogorodskiy